Pregnancy Massage Kingston upon Thames
I have specialist training in pregnancy massage which is perfectly safe from the second trimester of pregnancy.
The massage takes place in a supported side lying position and safety and comfort for both mother and baby is priority and the treatment can be adapted accordingly.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
Pregnancy can cause many changes to the mothers body putting pressure on joints, ligaments and organs often causing discomfort and pain. I have had advanced specialist training to treat pregnancy related conditions such as:
- Neck, shoulder and lower back pain
It is also a great stress reliever and both mother and baby will benefit from the feel good endorphins that are released during a massage.
- Improves circulation – beneficial to both mother and baby by boosting oxygen and nutrient supply to organs and placenta
- Aids lymphatic drainage and reduces oedema/swelling
- Releases muscular tension
- Induces deep relaxation
- Helps reduce emotional stress
- Encourages release of endorphins and oxytocin.